Leisure Assistant Apprentice - Impulse Leisure - Belhus Park - South Ockendon
Interested in a future career in the leisure industry….?
This is an excellent training opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a dedicated interest in commencing a career in the leisure industry. In conjunction with our partners Lifetime Training, the programme will provide valuable ‘hands on’ experience across the many facets of a leisure business, such as poolside, fitness suite, cafeteria, reception etc, whilst working towards achieving industry recognised qualifications i.e. Level 2 NVQ in Active Leisure Operational Services/Activity Leadership and RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification. Opportunities may also be available to gain qualifications in Swimming and/or Fitness Instruction.
Working Week : 37 hours shift work inc. evenings and weekends
Weekly Wage : £122.10
This will be a varied role within the club and your main duties will include:
• Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
• Monitoring and helping to maintain a safe and comfortable leisure centre environment by implementing organisational maintenance schedules.
• Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine and other cleaning tasks when required.
• Assisting customers with enquires in a friendly and effective manner, proactively developing and maintaining high standards of customer care.
• Resolving customers’ problems, including situations where there is disagreement over the actions and outcomes involved.
• Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
• Following Normal and Emergency Operating Procedures.
• Accurately filling in forms or reports relating to their normal duties.
• Taking occasional responsibility for the induction and development of new members of staff.
• In a wet-side facility, supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment and working to prevent accidents and emergencies.
• Meeting the training and development requirements of the job role.
• Working within the job role description at this level, recognising the standards and professional limitations that this provides, referring to appropriate members of staff for guidance and support.
• Maintaining a safe pool environment through excellent lifeguarding practices
• Carrying out regular cleaning and maintenance regimes
• Preparation of activity area and equipment
• Attendance at regular pool training
On successful completion of the 12 month apprenticeship programme, the Company would expect to be able to offer continued employment and/or further development opportunities, subject of course to the candidates meeting the required standards.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then Impulse Leisure would welcome your application, and has many benefits to offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Dependant on the nature of activities undertaken (i.e. regulated activity), any provisional offer of employment made will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate, to include an annually renewed DBS Update Service subscription for the purposes of on-going satisfactory status checks throughout employment, in accordance with Company Policies.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process.